- What are the main requirements of GreenVehicleDisposal.com?
- What is the current situation?
- Why is there a delay in the implementation of legislation in North America?
- Who will cover the costs of the implementation of GreenVehicleDisposal.com‘s principles?
- What is each member affiliated costs?
- Who sets the regulations for our Authorized Treatment Facilities?
- What type of monitoring or observation takes place?
- Other than carefully disposing of End Of Life Vehicles, what is required by us?
- What can you do to help promote GreenVehicleDisposal.com?
- What can I do to learn more about our organization and End Of Life Vehicle issues?
- What kind of targets do we hope to achieve?
- What type of administrative tasks are expected?
- How often?
- How do we get in touch with head office?
- When we are in need of various supplies, what should we do?
- How do we send in our monthly fees?
- What do I charge for vehicle pick up’s?
- How does GreenVehicleDisposal.com affect my present business?
- What, if any, is the existing legislation governing End Of Life Vehicles in North America?
- How does my site become accredited?
- When do I give a certificate of Destruction or Deregistration (COD)?
- Why must there be two accountable representatives at each facility?
See our Authorized Treatment Facility Standards, Submittals and Regulations pages.
What is the current situation?
In the United States 10-11 Million vehicles reach the end of their lives and are taken off the road every year. In Canada, 5 or 6 % of the entire automotive fleet is taken off the road every year, this works out to between 400,000 and 500,000 vehicles yearly in Ontario alone.
Just over two million cars and vans every year, reach the end of their useful lives in the United Kingdom.
Why is there a delay in the implementation of legislation in North America?
Although many of the above-mentioned vehicles are picked up and are treated in an environmentally responsible manner, some do not receive the required; therefore, it appears that End Of Life Vehicles are not managed in a consistent manner. This leads to environmental problems given the absence of regulations with regard to the proper procedure and handling of End Of Life Vehicles throughout North America. So, in short, legislation would be so all encompassing that government officials have not been able to tackle this issue to date.
Who will cover the costs of the implementation of GreenVehicleDisposal.com‘s principles?
The part GreenVehicleDisposal.com plays in this process is quite substantial in that we unify North America and educate the public on the basis of environmental responsibility, working toward a sustainable environment for years to come. The administrative costs of $150/month allow our affiliates to use their resources toward implementing policies as outlined by GreenVehicleDisposal.com. Each member facility will continue to be self-funded and every effort will be made by GreenVehicleDisposal.com to help solidify any government funding that may be available to our members.
Who sets the regulations for our Authorized Treatment Facilities?
GreenVehicleDisposal.com sets all guidelines and regulations for our affiliates. All member facilities will meet annually to discuss ways in which we can further enhance and build upon our accomplishments. Our member network base will be known as pro-active participants in End Of Life Vehicle recycling programs in North America. This is necessary to solidify each member affiliates future in this industry. Be an active member of GreenVehicleDisposal.com!
What type of monitoring or observation takes place?
As part of the application process, each of our affiliates are required to submit a set of photographs and photocopies of relevant information. Aside from this, GreenVehicleDisposal.com requires performance reports that will allow our corporate office to remain in tune with the day-to-day activities of each of our affiliates.
Other than carefully disposing of End Of Life Vehicles, what is required by us?
To take any opportunity to enhance the customer service, quality and reputation of GreenVehicleDisposal.com, that will directly contribute to the betterment of their network.
What can I do to learn more about our organization and End Of Life Vehicle issues?
Participate in training seminars/workshops as they arise. Contribute to the betterment of GreenVehicleDisposal.com in terms of procedures and codes of conduct. Both owners and accountable representatives in each facility are encouraged to participate.
What type of administrative tasks are expected?
Performance reports based on the number of End Of Life Vehicles processed at your site, number of e-mail versus phone requests, customer satisfaction reports.
How do we get in touch with head office?
Either at affiliates@GreenVehicleDisposal.com or toll free at 1-877-End Of Life and ask for your affiliate representative.
When we are in need of various supplies, what should we do?
Either e-mail us at supplies@GreenVehicleDisposal.com or call us toll free at 1-877-End Of Life
How does GreenVehicleDisposal.com affect my present business?
It doesn’t. Through GreenVehicleDisposal.com our affiliates will obtain more vehicles, and very often, better quality vehicles, and by following the guidelines as outlined by GreenVehicleDisposal.com, these vehicles will be processed in an environmentally sound manner.
When do I give a certificate of Destruction or Deregistration (COD)?
Whenever a vehicle is picked up a Certificate of Destruction or Deregistration must be given or sent to the last owner of that vehicle.
Why must there be two accountable representatives at each facility?
To ensure the accountability of every affiliate, this way, if one person is absent, there is always someone accountable at every site.
Need more help?
Please email our Help Center.