What do We do?
Due to the introduction of the Directive on End of Life Vehicles in 1997, which presented a cohesive view on effectively limiting the environmental impact of End Of Life Vehicles within the European Union, much of the world began to develop their own initiatives as a means to achieving the same end-goal. Our site www.GreenVehicleDisposal.com or 1-877-End Of Life presents the only harmonized North American solution to the current disposal system for End Of Life Vehicles, by dispatching them to our network of Authorized Treatment Facilities.
- The pick-up of your end of life vehicle anywhere in North America.
- The assurance that your End Of Life Vehicle is handled in an appropriate manner by providing a Certificate of Deregistration or Destruction (COD).
- The de-pollution of your End Of Life Vehicle at an Authorized Treatment Facility.
- The Recycling of vehicle hulks at shredding operations.
Our aim is to systematically reduce or eliminate the amount of waste produced by End Of Life Vehicles, made possible by our extensive coverage of areas across North America. We hope to have affiliates covering every possible area in North America, so that whenever there is a vehicle that has come to the end of its useful life, one of our affiliates will be able to pick it up and dispose of it accordingly.
What is De-pollution?
De-pollution refers to the treatment process all End Of Life Vehicles must complete if they are to achieve a non-hazardous standing. This process involves the draining and recovery of all hazardous fluids and materials within a vehicle that are necessary to prepare a vehicle for dismantling and recycling. The de-pollution process only takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete by one of our accredited Authorized Treatment Facility (ATF).
- The removal of the battery for safety reasons.
- All fluids are drained and contained appropriately.
- These fluids include: fuel, engine oil, transmission fluid, engine coolant, windshield washer fluid.
- The refrigerant is recovered, if applicable.
- Wheels are removed.
- Tires are separated.
- Hazardous materials are removed. e.g. Mercury switches.
Once these processes have been completed successfully, the vehicle can then be crushed and/or made ready for recycling. All waste materials from this process are handled and disposed of in accordance with any applicable legislation or Environmental requirements in that area.
How to take part:
If you have a vehicle or know someone who has a vehicle that has come to the end of its useful life, get in touch with us at www.GreenVehicleDisposal.com or 1-877-End Of Life, we will arrange a time that suits you to remove the vehicle from your premises and take it directly to an Authorized Treatment Facility.